Friday, April 22, 2011

Blog Makeover!!!


Where have I been you ask? Where has the time gone? I decided to take some time away to refocus and reflect on what I wanted from this blog and what I wanted this blog to become. A lot of changes have occurred in my life over the past months and I wanted to reflect these changes in the blog as well.


Firstly, we purchased a new home!! We closed in late summer, 2010. It is a beautiful Victorian historic home built in 1873. We fell instantly in love with its high ceilings and original features. It needs work, lots of work, which partially explains my M.I.A. status on the blog. We spent many long nights leading up to the Christmas break stripping floors to their original hardwood, painting, sanding and resurfacing multiple surfaces throughout the home. We have just scratched the surface. It is starting to look like a home and I love it more every time we change something new. This will be a labour of love that will last for years to come. I have decided to incorporate some of the changes into a new page on the blog, entitled "home and garden” you can find that link here!



Secondly, I became engaged!! It happened around Christmas this past December! We are planning a wedding in Italy in 2012. I have been spending lots of time looking at beautiful wedding blogs, my favourite being Snippet and Ink. I love Kathryn’s gorgeous daily inspiration boards and her accounts of the real weddings of endlessly cool couples across North America! I will detail our wedding trip and our honeymoon, along with future adventures on my new travel/adventure page “out and about” you can find that link here!



Finally, as you have likely noticed, I have a new blog design!! It is the beautiful work of the lovely Blog Fairy. What a dream come true. I couldn’t have imaged a smoother and easier process. She truly is a magic-maker! If you want more information about her services, find her link here or on the button at the bottom of the blog!


I am looking forward to the new season. We have just started planning our garden for this summer. Our new home came with a small green house so we are going to have some fun starting seeds in years to come. The winter has been holding on but I have faith that warm weather is just around the corner. I can’t wait to start cooking from my own garden again!

Cheers, and Happy Easter Weekend!!

No comments:

Post a Comment